At West Seneca Christian School, we promote the learning of all children by establishing a dress code reflecting the professional atmosphere we foster throughout our program. Please note the following guidelines:
Boys’ Classroom Dress:
- Boys are to wear shirts with a collar, such as button-down dress shirts or 3-button polo shirts. Students in PreK through 2nd grade will be permitted to wear shirts without collars as long as they appear neat and dressy.
- Shirts must be buttoned with no more than one button open. In grades 6 through 12, all shirts are to be worn tucked inside the pants.
- Students in grades 3 through 12 must wear pants with a belt.
- Sweaters and school apparel may be worn with an appropriate collared shirt underneath.
- Dress shoes must be properly laced and tied, and socks must be worn. Athletic shoes are allowed for appropriate class dress. Flip-flops, Crocs, or any type of athletic sandal is not permitted in class.
- No shorts or T-shirts are allowed for outer attire except as gym dress or athletic uniforms.
- Boys are not permitted to wear earrings, bracelets, or necklaces. Body piercings or tattoos are not permitted.
- Students should not wear cargo pants, painters’ pants, fatigues, jeans, or any style with pockets stitched outside and down the legs of the pants.
- Baggy, frayed, or torn pants or pants that have elastic at the base of the pant legs are not permitted.
- Gym shorts should reach the top of the knee.
- Hats or hoods are not to be worn in the building.
- Outdoor clothing (jackets, sweatshirts, hoodies, boots, etc.) other than WSCS apparel is not to be worn in the classroom or between classes.
Girls’ Classroom Dress:
- Skirts/dresses must come to the knee.
- Slits must also come to the knees or be adequately pinned or sewn shut.
- Uniform pants, purchased through Land’s End, may be worn on non-chapel days. Girls in grades 6 through 12 may also weal palazzo pants on non-chapel days.
- Permitted pants must be loose fitting at all times.
- Permitted pants may be worn for athletic dress.
- Students may lose the privilege of being able to wear acceptable pants if they abuse the privilege.
- It is recommended that students purchase a size up from their normal attire.
- Blouses or shirts should be long enough to cover the back and midriff when stretching, sitting, or bending over.
- T-shirts are not acceptable for class dress.
- To help maintain a professional atmosphere, shirts with company names, slogans, mottos, graphics, or other sayings should be avoided. However, fabric designs that promote professionalism are acceptable.
- Sleeveless shirts and dresses must come to the end of the shoulder. Tops must still fit tightly under the arm.
- Outdoor apparel is not to be worn in the classroom. Outdoor clothing (jackets, sweatshirts, hoodies, boots, etc.) other than WSCS apparel is not to be worn in the classroom or between classes. Students should keep a sweater at school in cold weather.
- Flip-flops, Crocs, or any type of athletic sandal is not permitted in class.
- Heels should not be excessively high for safety reasons.
- Leggings are acceptable when worn under a skirt or dress as long as the skirt or dress reaches to the top of the knee.
Click here for a PDF of WSCS’s full dress code policies.